Building Permit Information
Building permits are required as per Title 19 (NYCRR) Part 1203 Uniform Code.
- NYS Building Code
- Village of Depew Codes
- Current Pool Safety Codes
- Erie County Gis Mapping
- View Village of Depew Zoning Map (PDF)
Building Permit Requirements
A building permit shall be required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and/or the Energy Code, including, but not limited to, the construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure, or any portion thereof, and the installation of a solid-fuel-burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit. No person shall commence any work for which a building permit is required without first having obtained a building permit from Code Enforcement Officer. Permits are also required for some additional items. Please check with the Building Department Office at 716-683-1400 for information on items requiring a permit.
Please secure your building permit prior to beginning any work as a double permit fee will be charged for a permit requested after the work has been started or completed.
- Residential and Commercial Building Inspection and Plumbing Inspection
- Sewer Certificate of Compliance - needed to sell your home
- Information on building permits for building, remodeling, fences, swimming pools, storage sheds, signs (all types), decks and porches
- Village code enforcement
- Liaison to Zoning Board and Planning Board
- Flood Plain Development
Payments can be made to the Building Department by either cash, check or credit card in the office. You can also make a credit card payment here: Credit Card Here. Please be advised that Credit Card fees apply.
The Erie County Clerk’s ZOMBIES Initiative is a collaboration between the Office of Erie County Clerk Michael P. Kearns and the Western New York Law Center. The primary goal and purpose of this collaboration is to provide resources to Erie County municipalities and communities facing zombie foreclosures.
Access there Erie county's website to report a ZOMBIE home.
- Building Department Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Cost of Construction Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Access Building Department forms
Please note that the building department does not respond to complaints made on social media platforms. Complaints must be filed in the office in order for them to be investigated and addressed properly.